Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Thank goodness for spring break!!!

I haven't posted for about a week, so I thought I might update everyone before we head out to the D.C. area for Easter. I can't wait to see my sis, parents, and my cute little niece Allison! I'll post some new pics next week since my mom' s bringing my camera to me, which I left in WV over President's Day weekend!

This last week has been hectic. We had a busy weekend with Easter Bunny photos, a big egg hunt, and of course shopping for an Easter dress! Needless to say, I was tired before Monday even arrived. School was busy with OGT practice tests to grade and parent/teacher conferences both Tuesday and Wednesday night. I feel like I've barely said hello to my husband and the kiddos the last few days! So, I realllly can't wait to leave for our trip!!! Seven hours in the car with two small kids- Yeah!!!

Anyway, I had a cool moment today when a coworker asked about the kids. I was relaying Charlie's 4 going on 16 attitude and how obsessed he is with dinos when I decided to share Abbi's diagnosis with her. After she listened intently for a few minutes, I noticed how she seemed to know about WS. That was odd! Then she shared that a girlfriend of hers had a son with WS! What's the odds of that with the rarity of this syndrome? Anyway, he's now 25 years old. He does live at home, but drives and works an independent job. She went on for several minutes about what an awesome kid he was ( he grew up with her daughter) and how much she loves him. She described him as being the type of child that everyone wishes their child could be like: kind, thoughtful, respectful, hard working, etc....! I was so psyched!

On that note, I'm going to attempt to finish these reading projects and update my gradebook before heading home for the evening! I hope everyone has a joyous Easter!

5 comments:

Amy said...

I hope you have a great Easter. Gosh, sharing about our kids seems to open so many amazing doors. What a wonderful story(;
xoxo
Amy

Noel said...

It is wonderful that you got to talk to someone who knows an older WS person. I think it adds a whole new outlook and you understand it really will be okay.

Hope you have fun with your family. Have a great Easter!

Noel

Julie said...

It is awesome to hear things like that. Our youth pastors wife said she had an aunt with ws and she was everyones favorite relative. Happy Easter.

Unknown said...

WIsh you and your family a wonderful Easter!

Anna

Nancy said...

I agree with Amy. The doors swing wide open when you are holding the hand of a child with WS (whether you want them to or not - LOL)